These little awards have been floating around the blogosphere for a while and they aren’t alone in their concept. There’s a few out there but they all hold the same principle – to share some love with your fellow bloggers and give them and their blogs a little pat on the back.
I’ve been nominated a few times since I started bogging and took part in the Leibster Award earlier in the year. But this award caught my eye as I love the idea of nominating bloggers that inspire you. Scrolling through my Bloglovin feed there’s so many blogs I admire, written by both popular bloggers and newcomers alike – I could spend all day gazing at their photography and reading their tutorials, product reviews, hauls… the list goes on.
I thought I’d jump aboard this award and give those bloggers I’ve been admiring a little shout out. But before I get started, I’d like to thank Katy from Little Miss Katy for nominating me!
The Rules of the Award
1) Link the person who nominated you.
2) List the rules and display the award.
3) Share 7 facts about you.
4) Nominate 15 blogs who inspire you.
5) Let them know you have nominated them.
7 Facts About Me
1) I studied musical theatre for three years at drama school in London and love nothing more than belting out show tunes in my car. Yes I’m a musical theatre geek! I also dabble in Disney songs…
2) When I was young I entered a CBBC competition to design a character for Dennis The Menace Beano comic and won. My character Porky The Porcupine was given his own comic book story and starred on the front cover of the magazine. I won copious amounts of Dennis The Menace merchandise!
3) I produced and starred in a short film that is currently doing the film festival circuit. It way outdid my expectations and was accepted in to Cannes Film Festival last summer. It was a proud moment!
4) My first ever beauty purchase was an Olay pastel blue eyeshadow and a bottle of pink nail varnish. I’m not sure if pale blue eyeshadow was ever in!
5) At school I walked the length of the entire playground with the back of my skirt caught up in my tights and displayed my derriere to the world. After getting a little paranoid about the noises coming from behind me I turned around to notice by predicament. My friends won’t let me forget that one…
6) I crashed my mum’s car on my first ever driving lesson and the whole bumper needed replacing!
7) My brother applied for us to go on BBC’s Bargain Hunt (to this day I still don’t know why he chose that particular show)! For reasons unknown to me they selected us and we donned the blue fleeces and won the show! It still appears on repeat every so often to haunt us. I went on to play Terry Wogan’s Perfect Recall and my brother found fame on ITV’s Take Me out. We’re way too cool for school…